2.kids don't act like them selfs usally want to be alone
affects growth of brain
It affect muscle coordination
Beta Thalassemia causes mild to moderate anemia. This appears in early childhood.
Organs arent working well & maes you sick & slugish
A woman who is red-green colorblind will always have sons who are red-green colorblind.
it does somthing to your muscles
difficult to speak sleep problems ,erratic or jerky hand movements and uncontrolled laughter
•Single gene disorders - Some genetic disorders result from a mutation in a single gene. Most single gene disorders have a recessive inheritance, which means that both copies of the same gene (one inherited from each parent) must be defective for the disease to be apparent. In such cases, the parents may not be affected themselves, but are described as carriers of the disease. Example - Cystic Fibrosis.
Relating to substances or agents that can interfere with normal embryonic development.
1. canavan disease
2. it is degenerative disorder that causes progressive damage to nerve cells in the brain
3. it is also one of the most common degenerative cerebreal diseases of infancy
4. this disease is one of a group of genetic disorders called luekodystrophies
1) sickle-cell anemia
2) Sickle-cell anemia is an inherited disorder. Most of the children affected by sickle-cell anemia in the U.S. are African .
2. It is a group of hereditary genetic disorders that impairs the body's abilities to control blood clotting or coagulation, which is used to stop bleeding when a blood vessel is broken.
2.)It's a disease where there is lack of muscle, a high arch, and claw toes are signs of this genetic disease. (Here's a picture of it)
Classification and external resources
The foot of a person with Charcot–Marie–Tooth disease. The lack of muscle, a high arch, and claw toes are signs of this genetic disease.
2)It does damage to the nerve cells in the brain.
rare genetic disorder tfor a missing part of chromosome 5. Its name is a French term cat cry or call of the cat
Cri du chat
1. Turner syndrome or Ullrich–Turner syndrome
2. When you are missing a chromosome; only with females does this "genetic disorder" happen.
2.) If someone had this disorder and it was untreated, then they may have mental retardation, seizures, and other serious medical problems.
1.Fragile X Syndrome
1- brain cancer
2- is tumor located in the brain and affect the way you think and your actions
2.3 types non small lung cancer,small cell lung cancer,and carcinoid tumors
1) Williams-Bueren syndrome
2) physical-and mental-development disorder
2)a genetically-inherited disorder in which the nerve tissue grows tumors (neurofibromas) that may be benign and may cause serious damage by compressing nerves and other tissues.
2) A condition in which the body doesn't make enough parathyroid hormone and this hormone regulates the amount of calcium and phosphorus in your body's bones and blood.
2)most common genetic cause of dwarfism
1.) Canavan disease
2.) A fact is that its a degenerative disorder that causes progressive damage to nerve cells in the brain. Canavan disease is also one of the most common degenerative cerebreal diseases of infancy. This disease is one of a group of genetic disorders called leukodystrophie
Maple syrup urine disease
1.Symptoms include poor feeding, lethargy, irritability, and vomiting. If left untreated, MSUD results in severe brain damage, coma, and death in infancy.
1) Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
2) The deletion of a gene or genes
1.) Spinal Muscular Atrophy
2.) It is usually inherited as an autosomal recessive trait (a person must get the defective gene from both parents to be affected).
2.A genetically-inherited disorder in which the nerve tissue grows tumors that may be benign and may cause serious damage by compressing nerves and other tissues.
2... When your blood clots up really bad.
1. skin cancer
2.One in five Americans will develop skin cancer in the course of a lifetime.
7th grade Science teacher at Rose Park Math & Science Magnet.